coParenter Terms of Service
By using or accessing the coParenter Services, you agree to these Terms of Service, as updated from time to time.
1. Background on coParenter. coParenter operates the coParenter mobile application and platform (the “coParenter Platform”), which helps separating, divorced and never married parents improve coParenting communication. coParenter owns all right, title and interest in and to the coParenter Platform and all components.
2. Attorney Review and Representation. coParenter is not legally responsible for communications or agreements that are made between you and others you work with on the platform. Communication with coParenter or your coParent may have legal consequences. It is your duty, if you are represented by an attorney, to notify that attorney that you are working on parenting schedules, agreements, and communication with coParenter.
coParenter Professionals do not provide legal advice. If you reach an agreement with your coParent, coParenter encourages you to make sure your legal rights and responsibilities are addressed appropriately in that agreement.
3. Your Privacy By using coParenter, you understand that coParenter will not share your personal information publicly unless as otherwise required by law or described here. coParenter treats all personal information received from or about users of the coParenter Platform confidentially and securely. We will only use your information to the extent necessary for us to deliver you the coParenter Platform and we will never sell your personally identifiable information or provide it to third parties for their sales and marketing purposes.
4. Get Help Communications and Confidentiality. By using coParenter’s Get Help feature, you agree that those communications involving a coParenter Professional are not admissible in court or subject to discovery. You agree not to provide screenshots, photos, copies, or content of communications involving a coParenter Professional or other third party to a court or in any public forum such as a website, social media platform, or any other venue that would interfere with the confidentiality of the communications between you and the coParenter professional.
You agree that coParenter Professionals and other employees or contractors with coParenter may not be called as a witness or expert in any legal proceeding, nor will his/her notes and/or memoranda be discoverable by either party in any legal proceeding.
The coParenter Professional’s notes, memoranda and any and all other written material created during the advisory or mediation process (except court pleadings and signed agreements) will not be released to either party under any circumstances, and the coParenter Professional may destroy said materials at his/her discretion.
You agree not to call or subpoena coParenter, or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives to (i) testify in court, arbitration, deposition or other similar proceeding or respond to any discovery request, (ii) authenticate any communications made using the coParenter Platform, or (iii) produce any document or provide evidence of any communications made by either co-parent in connection with the coParenter Platform.
5. Attorney Fees and Costs. You agree to pay all attorney’s fees and costs incurred by coParenter or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives, if you seek to compel any of them to testify, respond to discovery, authenticate communications or produce documentation, as described above.
6. Confidentiality of Other Activity. The platform includes activity that may be shared within coParenter. This activity may be associated with a username or account and may include the number of messages between the coParents, the number of check-ins, number of Get Helps and number of agreements. This information may be shared as a response to a subpoena or upon request of a related coParent on the platform.
7. Safety Exceptions to Confidentiality. coParenter reserves the right to report to law enforcement and other appropriate state agencies if coParenter has a reasonable suspicion that a child is suffering from emotional abuse, physical abuse or neglect; or if a coParenter has a reasonable suspicion that an identifiable person is a danger to himself or herself or to another.
Safety is of the utmost importance and even a hint of violence will not be tolerated.
8. Pilot Participants. In some cases, users may be part of a no-cost pilot, such as a program operated with a court or other entity. In such a case where you are part of a formal pilot program, company will provide the coParenter Platform to a limited number of families or coParents. You will be notified before the end of the pilot period of any changes to the pilot, such as the opportunity to continue to participate for any additional length of time. We ask that you keep in mind that this is a pilot program, and that we will be testing a new application or new features of an existing application, which will likely have bugs and errors that we will be trying to work out throughout the pilot. In addition, you understand and agree that we may decide to suspend or fully terminate this pilot program at any time and for any reason in our sole discretion.
If you are part of a no-cost pilot, you agree to complete user surveys sent to you at the start and end of the pilot, answering all of the questions truthfully and accurately. coParenter may also ask you to participate in an optional phone survey. We also welcome any feedback you may wish to provide. Please understand that it is solely your choice whether to provide any such feedback or other information, and you will not receive any payment or other benefits or compensation for your feedback.
You are not entitled to receive (nor will you receive) any compensation whatsoever, including (but not limited to) cash, products, credit or other recognition, ownership of intellectual property rights or promises of future access to or use of any coParenter products or services.
9. Requirements for Use. You agree to provide coParenter with complete and correct contact information, including your email address and mobile phone number. The platform and or coParenting application is accessible by users with mobile devices running iOS and Android operating systems. Generally the application is only supported on current release versions of the iOS operating system or the Android operating system and on the previous two released versions of each operating system. The application is also available on desktop computers running current release version of the Google Chrome or Apple Safari browsers, as well as computers running one of the prior 2 release versions of these browsers. Older browsers or operating systems may likely still function but there may also be issues which we may not be able to support.
10. Use at Your Own Risk. Your use of the coParenter Platform and any other product, service, equipment or other materials provided by coParenter will be at your sole risk, and you understand that, to the maximum extent allowed by law, coParenter will have no liability to you arising out of your use of the coParenter Platform or your participation in a pilot program.
11. Termination of Service. By using coParenter you agree that coParenter reserves the right to deny further access to its service to any user who violates these rules, is the subject of complaints by other coParenter users, for any other reason, or for no reason at all. You agree you will not engage in any of the following activities on our Service:
We may report violations of these terms to a court that has referred or ordered you on to the coParenter platform.